Sunday, July 05, 2015

PATRIOTISM




To night I went to the most glorious fireworks display at Great Lakes Naval Station.  The xanax kept me from having a panic attack because I genuinely  believed that ISIS could launch an RPG into the crowd from some cabin cruiser off shore, where many gather in their boats to watch the show.

But at each surge of emotion, each patriotic song, crying  when Toby Keith says "we'll put a boot in their ass" (he would, we could, we should) I  thought "Why are people  trying so hard to fuck up our Nation from inside and out?

And let me add, there were far fewer people there this year. Maybe fear, maybe apathy, maybe more haters. But there were plenty of people there that would stand up next  to you and fight for our country's values. Of course I would. I have nothing to lose.


PHOTO ATTRIBUTION:  www.twincities.com

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:56 PM

    Glad you were able to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. I'm so glad you stopped by