Thursday, June 12, 2014

Dichotomy

As Thought is a masculine Principle, Huginn sits upon Odin's right shoulder; as the right side of our body is the masculine side of our human form.  Memory is a feminine Principle, therefor Munnin sits upon Odin's left shoulder; as the left side of our body is the feminine side of our human form.   I fear for Huginn, that he not come back, yet more anxious am I for Muninn never to return."  ~ The Poetic Edda   fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net

I love this.  I don't know if I would say it is beautiful, but it touches me.



See how wrong my life is? I love this.   Rose and Gold Pillows-  Love that Coffee table!


I also love this.  I think this is beautiful.  I would love this to be my parlor, but the crow picture would not fit in.  Yet the crow picture is totally all about my blog.  And my head.  I think this explains a lot.  But I am the only one who benefits from the explanation. 

The person who lives in this parlor would like this:


Lalique ring       tumblr_l29uehI9h71qbkn6io1_500

This is by Rene' Lalique and I think it is perfectly exquisite, but I would be very uncomfortable wearing it. 

Well, I am just rambling today and trying to settle some of my thoughts. 




Image Attribution:  all from my Pinterest board "Beauty" where you can find further documentation of these images and see a bunch of neat stuff. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. I'm so glad you stopped by